Create a multiuser conference
Conferences in chats
To start a conference, click on the phone / camera icon above the text input field of the group chat. Group chat participants will be notified that a conference has started, and they can join and leave it anytime. To join a conference, they need to click on a blue Videoconference button above the text input field that appears when the conference is active. To switch between the conference and the chat, click on the link.
- Conferences in chats connect up to 256 users with 9 of them on air at one time.
- The chat admin and the moderators manage the conversation.
- Only the chat members can participate in these conferences.
- Any chat member can start the conference anytime.
- Users can switch between the conference and other VIPole tabs, staying on air.
- Main menu > Create > Voice conference / Video conference. The conference tap will appear next to the contact list tab. To invite a user, tap on below.
- Right-click on the name of the user in the contact list > Conference call > Voice conference / Video conference. To invite other user, tap on below.
There are two options to start a session conference:
Session conference features:
- Session conferences connect up to 9 users, each of which speaks to all others.
- Only the conference creator manages the conversation.
- Any conference participant can invite friends to the conversation.
- The list of conference participants is not fixed, and every time a user starts a conference new people may get connected, depending on who is invited.
- Once a user leaves a session conference, he or she can’t return there. The conference creator can invite them again.
The feature is in development.
Conferences in chats
Open a group chat > tap on the phone or camera icon in the upper right corner, to start the voice or video videoconference respectively. You can also start a conference by selecting this option from the menu available on the top right corner of the chat. Other chat members will be notified that a conference has started. To join it, they need to tap on the phone or the camera icon. During the conference, you can manage you camera, speaker and microphone, adjust the image quality and the display of conference participants in the video window.
To start a session conference:
- Open a chat with a contact and tap on the menu (the icon with three dots in the upper right corner).
- Choose the Voice conference / Video conference option.
- To invite a new user, tap on the icon in the upper right corner.